cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Allan Bowhill <abowh...@abowhill.lightrealm.com>
Subject XSP static page caching?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:03:46 GMT
Hello,

I have been working on the attached item for a week now, and
have encountered serious problems with XSP and caching of static
content.

If several different CGI queries with different parameters
are passed at about the same time to the a single XML source
file with embedded XSP logic, the static content seems not to
be rebuilt for anything but the first query that is processed.

Oddly enough, the dynamic content appears to work fine all around,
and when tested (with a function to return time/date), responds
properly to each query, giving a different time.

The problem is best illustrated if you view frames.html from
the attached examples. Different menus should be displayed
in each of three frames. However, only the first menu displays
in all three. The XSP logic works fine.

To get the application to behave correctly, remove all references
to XSP (xsp process type, xsp:page, xsp:logic, xsp:attribute from
vadmin.xml). If this is done, the page caching problem dissappears.

(If you see DCP in there, it's becuase I used it to make this problem
go away.)

If I have done something to evoke this problem in my code (the most
likely scenario), can anyone give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong?
I would appreciate feedback on this, and thank you in advance for
your help.

--Allan Bowhill
  abowhill@hostpro.com