cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Cocoon 1.8.1 Released
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:00:02 GMT
I-Chung Young <ichung_young@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Based on the description in the announcement and the original message
>on this fix in the mail archive
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=97971059912335&w=2
>I though this only changes the behavior of the cache, not the ability
>to use with query string. (I may be 100% wrong)

It was a caching bug so you couldn't _reliably_ use parameters in XSLT.
Wayne and I both misunderstood what we were doing, and indeed, I miswrote
the description in Changes (now fixed).

>The usage pattern (use xsp generate xsl) is a very neat idea.
>But since it is based on parameter, could you achieve the same
>thing with <xsl:include> or <xsl:import>?

I would recommend that - it would probably be faster.

>Thanks.
>---
>I-Chung Young
>
>--- Robin Green <greenrd@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Sébastien Koechlin <skoechlin@ivision.fr> wrote:
> > >I was thinking about upgrading, and while downloading the last
> > cocoon
> > >tarball (1.8.2), I have read in the changes web page.
> > >
> > >	*XSLT stylesheet caching now ignores query string, as it should.
> > >	(RDG) Thanks to Wayne Bayever.
> > >
> > >Most of my stylesheets are parameter dependants, I have things like
> > :
> > >
> > >	<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
> > >		href="http://host/directory/ss1.xsl.xsp?lang=en_US"?>
> > >
> > >	<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
> > >		href="http://host/directory/ss1_wap.xsl.xsp?lang=en_US"
> > >		media="nokia"?>
> > >
> > >Does it means that this will not works with Cocoon 1.8.1 nor 1.8.2?
> >
> > Yes. Sorry, I don't know why I accepted that change.

Correction: _constant_ query strings in ?xml-stylesheet? processing
instructions are unaffected by the bug. You would only be affected if the
stylesheet used variable parameters from the original request.