cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Mace" <mcai8...@ist4.co.umist.ac.uk>
Subject Problems transforming XML ito open in Excel
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:21:34 GMT
I have seen the 2 different ways of opening excel in the browser,
tab separated lists using <xsl:text> and normal html table format.

Neither of these seem to work.  I have added application/vnd.ms-
excel to the formatters in the properties file.

When I use <xsl:text> I get an error saying that SYLK file is in the
wrong format.

When I use the html tables I have to trick IE into thinking it is
opening an Excel file, by using  my.xml?file=file.xls.  This works
only once, as when I change the xml file the output is still the
same.
Another thing wrong with the html tables is that is puts all the
values into one cell??

Can anyone help??

Rgrds