cocoon-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: ESQL and BLOBs
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:39:51 GMT
> Luis Gois wrote:

> Also, to display this blobs (which in fact are image/gif
> mime types) is there a way to do it when you wan't to display some
> text at the same time, without the need to call a separate servlet to
> handle the image display? Using simple servlets we can only display text or
> images, since only the first content-type method is "understood".

Cocoon is not designed for that, reading a binary blob from a database
and
sending it would be paintfull and slow.

You want to serve, at the same time and in the same request, both
text and images? The only answer I know is rfc2397, you can read
it at http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc2397.html , and
look at an example at
http://www.delegate.org/delegate/sample/data-url.html ,
I think it's possible to use it with Cocoon, but I only found Netscape
to be able to handle it.

--
S├ębastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr