cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Winkler, Steve" <steve.wink...@sapmarkets.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon MailingList vs. Newsgroups
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:42:09 GMT

Christian,

I've thought about this too.  I helped a few guys work on an open source
Forum software project a while ago and I was thinking it would be perfect
for these types of discussions.  I just haven't had time to set something up
myself.  It's really easy to setup if you already have a public server up
and running (something that I lack).  You can find it at:
http://www.coolservlets.com/jive

and you can read a review done by IBM at:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-jive.html?dwzone=java

Hope this helps, and I hope you set something up because it would be a lot
easier to use than this mailing list.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Parpart [mailto:cparpart@surakware.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 6:47 AM
To: Cocoon-Users MailingList

Hi

I know that there has been such an discussion before,
but I can't find anything.

So, why isn't there any newsgroup handling all these messages.
I think, that searching for entries in threaded views
are better and you've more functions for handling such postings
(e.g. mark or ignore some threads).

If there's no or won't come soon, how can I create my own or
how could I do to get such a newsgroup?

Many thanks,
Christian Parpart.
cparpart@surakware.com