cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Spinetti" <m.spine...@pisa.iol.it>
Subject R: Problem with cocoon2
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 07:11:39 GMT
Hi Giacomo,
why have I to use servlet-2.3.jar if in the install page of cocoon 2 is said
that a Servlet 2.2 compliant servlet engine is enough? Besides Cocoon2 is
put with Servlet2.2.jar in the lib directory.

Marco

Data processing engineer  Spinetti Marco
Italia On Line S.p.a. - Infostrada
Italy

----- Original Message -----
From: giacomo <giacomo@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with cocoon2

> Did you had a servlet-2.3.jar in your classpath when you build C2?
>
> The missing class is only available in that spec.
>
> Giacomo
>
> On Wed, 2 May 2001, Marco Spinetti wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I have installed cocoon2 with jakarta-tomcat 3.2.1. I have done all the
instructions written in the install file.
> > Following the instructions given me by Carsten, I have removed
parser.jar and jaxp.jar from the tomcat/lib directory and added
xerces_1.3.0.jar in the same directory.
(http://localhost:8088/cooon) I obtain this error:
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponseWrapper
> > at
> > at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:401)
> > at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> > at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> > at
> > at
7)
> > at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> > at
onnectionHandler.java:210)