cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Mauri" <mma...@profesi.com.ar>
Subject Re: Turbine
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 15:51:47 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thanks! It worked.

But, as far as I know, it isn't possible to define another connection pool
within the same instance of Cocoon, is it?

regards.

Martin

> Martin,
>
> based on the code you've shown here, I would guess the problem is that
> you've named your pool "default" in the cocoon.properties, but
"CumplePool"
> in your <esql:pool> node.
>
> -Christopher
>

> Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>
> To:   <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
> cc:
>
> Subject:  Re: Turbine
>

> Hi Cris,
>
> I've done exactly what you told me to, but I get the following error:
>
> Error found handling the request.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not open pooled connection: CumplePool
>  at
> _usr._local._tomcat._webapps._cocoon._reportes._vendedores._cumple.
> _cumple.p
> opulateDocument(_cumple.java:189)
>  at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(XSPPage.java:97)
>  at

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:527)
>  at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:384)
>  at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:183)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>  at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
>  at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
>  at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
>  at

> 7)
>  at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
>  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection

> (Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)
>  at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
>  at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
>
> anf here is my code:
>
> <esql:connection>
>   <esql:pool>CumplePool</esql:pool>
>   <esql:execute-query>
>     <esql:query>
>         ...query...
>     </esql:query>
>
> and here my cocoon.properties
>
> # These are your database settings, look in the
> # org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.* package for more information.
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:
> @192.9.200.2:1521:d
> esa
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=pooluser
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=pooluser
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.maxConnections=3
> processor.xsp.pool.database.default.expiryTime=3600000
>
> Any idea?
>
> thanks!
>
> Martin
>

> > Martin,
> >
> > These instructions are for Cocoon 1, I don't know if they are the same
> for
> > Cocoon 2.
> >
> > You set up a pool in the cocoon.properties by filling out the
appropriate
> > information such as this:

processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.driver=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver