cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: R: Problem with cocoon2
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 14:44:53 GMT
Quoting Marco Spinetti <m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it>:

> Hi Giacomo,
> why have I to use servlet-2.3.jar if in the install page of cocoon 2 is
> said
> that a Servlet 2.2 compliant servlet engine is enough? Besides Cocoon2
> is
> put with Servlet2.2.jar in the lib directory.

Cocoon2 is fully servlet 2.2 compliant. Problem can occur if you want to use
Tomcat 4 (aka Catalina) which is a servlet 2.3 container. As C2 has wrapped some
servlet objects (Request, Response) some functionality doesn't work if you
haven't used the HttpServletRe***Wrapper. These wrappers are officially proposed
in the 2.3 spec but they aren't in the 2.2 spec and thus you might encounter
some problems if you use C2 out of the box within a spec 2.3 compliant engine.

For normal operation C2 runs out of the box even in Catalina.

Giacomo