cocoon-users mailing list archives

From paint...@mc.duke.edu
Subject Re: Turbine
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 15:30:07 GMT

Martin,

based on the code you've shown here, I would guess the problem is that
you've named your pool "default" in the cocoon.properties, but "CumplePool"
in your <esql:pool> node.

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

To:   <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:  Re: Turbine

Hi Cris,

I've done exactly what you told me to, but I get the following error:

Error found handling the request.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not open pooled connection: CumplePool
 at
_usr._local._tomcat._webapps._cocoon._reportes._vendedores._cumple.
_cumple.p
opulateDocument(_cumple.java:189)
 at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(XSPPage.java:97)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:527)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:384)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at

7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection

(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

anf here is my code:

<esql:connection>
  <esql:pool>CumplePool</esql:pool>
  <esql:execute-query>
    <esql:query>
        ...query...
    </esql:query>

and here my cocoon.properties

# These are your database settings, look in the
# org.apache.turbine.util.db.pool.* package for more information.
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:
@192.9.200.2:1521:d
esa
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.username=pooluser
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.password=pooluser
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.maxConnections=3
processor.xsp.pool.database.default.expiryTime=3600000

Any idea?

thanks!

Martin

> Martin,
>
> These instructions are for Cocoon 1, I don't know if they are the same
for
> Cocoon 2.
>
> You set up a pool in the cocoon.properties by filling out the appropriate
> information such as this:
> processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.driver=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
> processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:myhost:1025/mydb
> processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.username=pooluser
> processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.password=*****
> processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.maxConnections=3
> processor.xsp.pool.database.mypool.expiryTime=3600000
>
> Most of this is the same connection info you usually put inside of
> <esql:connection>.  Replace "mypool" with whatever name you want to use
for
> your pool.
>
> Then, in <esql:connection>, you use a single tag, <esql:pool>, to name
the
pool you want to use: