cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Some questions
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 13:34:29 GMT
On Tue, 1 May 2001, Matteo Colombo wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new with Cocoon (1.8) and Xml, some questions:
>
> 1- I've an XML document with 3 XSL that implement 3 different layouts, a
> user can choose what layout apply to the XML document, by a form for
> example. How can I do with Cocoon? How can the XML document associate the
> right XSL?

read the faq, it discusses a number of techniques to do this in c1. you
might also try c2's sitemap.

> 2- I read the documentation and the example about how create producer but
> I've some doubts. Do you have a working example to show me?

the c1 distro has several examples of Producers. generally it's not
necessary to write your own producer, an xsp page will usually be easier
to write.

> 3- The last, I'm looking for documentation or links about SOAP and DOM in
> Cocoon. Any suggestion?

uli has a soap logicsheet which is listed on the c1 web site. dom - well,
there's not much to say about cocoon and dom. c1 uses dom as its internal
xml data structure, while c2 uses sax.

- donald