cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Thomas <alexander.s.tho...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: using/resolving xllinks
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:37:32 GMT
On Friday 27 July 2001 01:35, you wrote:
> At 9:33 AM -0700 27/7/01, Alexander Thomas wrote:
> >Hi there!
> >
> >My problem:
> >Under cocoon is a xml file looking like this:
> >
> ><a xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
> > <b xlink:href="target.xml"></b>
> ></a>
> >
> >There is also a file named target.xml in the same directory:
> >
> ><c>
> >  The content of the link.
> ></c>
> >
> >The sitemapentry is set up like this:
> >
> >  <map:match pattern="linktest">
> >   <map:generate src="linktest.xml"/>
> >   <map:serialize/>
> >  </map:match>
> >
> >Unfortunately the content of the second xml file is not contained in the
> >output. Actually the output is basically the same as the originating xml
> > file.
> >
> >Does somebody know ways to enable xlink resolution in Cocoon2?
>
> You won't get the XLinks resolving automatically.
>
> I have a project online that is built using XLinks and LinkBases (probably
> very different from yours).
>
> If you look in the 'about this site' section, I have started documenting
> how it works.
>
> 	<http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/hrc/about/site.xml>
>
> The version currently there is based on Cocoon 1, though I am in the
> process of converting it to Cocoon 2, the technique is basically the same:
>
> I XInclude the LinkBase into all of my documents, then use a StyleSheet to
> resolve the links.
>

> Hope this helps
>
> regards Jeremy
Thanks for the hint.

I think that is precisely what I was looking for! Could you drop me some
remarks on how I have to set up the processing pipe (in order to engange the
XInclude engine) and how to trigger a simple XInclude in the xml file?
That would help me realy a lot!

Kindest Regards,

Alexander Thomas

PS.: The link you quoted seems to be down currently...