cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Geissel" <ageis...@zenark.com>
Subject Fw: Tomcat problem
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:09:43 GMT
Appologies, my previous message should have read:

Hi,

We are using Tomcat 3.2.1 and Cocoon 1.8.2 and are writing an XSP logic sheet - the functionality
works well except for one aspect. We are deploying our application using a WAR file that is
dropped into the Tomcat webapps directory. According to the documentation, Tomcat expands
the WAR (it does) and should automatically add the /WEB-INF/lib and /WEB-INF/classes folders
to the CLASSPATH for that webapp.

Our problem is that Cocoon is not picking up the JAR file containing the XSP XSL files (located
in the .../webapps/<ourapp>/WEB-INF/lib directory).

I know that this sounds like a Tomcat issue, but has anyone managed to deploy a Cocoon app
from a single WAR - without requiring user specified CLASSPATH entries, etc. We're aiming
for a minimal configuration installation and this would be really nice. An intersting point
is that Cocoon can locate our custom Java classes from a different JAR in the same directory,
but can't find the XSL files.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,
Adrian