cocoon-users mailing list archives

From java guru <javacoc...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: C2 - sitemap handler's sitemap not available
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:25:32 GMT
Hi.,
   This start-up sitemap handler's problem is so
general that it has been discussed many times in this
forum..you may search in the mail archieve..

Anyway, following briefing should help..

1. Sitemap handler exception is throws whenever there
is problem compiling sitemap at c2 startup. The
reasons could be anything from sitemap syntax error to
improper jars to classpath problems to svg display not
set(in linux systems invoking c2 NOT from gui
environment)..

2. So please,
   (i) stop c2
   (ii) delete the cocoon.log
   (iii) restart the c2
   (iv) try to access c2
   (v) if error occurs, goto cocoon.log and go thru it
patiently. You will find all the debug messages there
explaining what went on..
   (vi) some problems like jdbc classloading and
webshphere class loading can be ignored initially..
   (vii) if the problem is still not figured...then
post the message with log and your environment details

good luck

 --- Glenn Rioux <grioux@bigfoot.com> wrote: > I'm
trying to set up Apache/Tomcat/Cocoon and am
> having problems getting
> Cocoon working right.
>
> I'm using Apache 1.3.14, Tomcat 3.2.2, and Cocoon
> 2.0b1.  When I go to
> localhost:8080 with a browser, it brings up the
> tomcat intro page fine.
> When I go to localhost:8080/cocoon I get an internal
> server error.  At the
> end of this message is the web page that gets
> displayed.
>
> Thanks,
> Glenn
>

> Cocoon 2 - Internal server error
>

> type internal-server-error
>
> message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
> available.
>
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> The sitemap handler's
> sitemap is not available.
>
> sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> source Cocoon servlet
>
> request-uri
>
> /cocoon/
>
> exception
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap
> handler's sitemap is not
> available.
>
> path-info
>
> stacktrace
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap
> handler's sitemap is not
> available.
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:179)
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:93)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:293)
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
>         at

> onnectionHandler.java:213)
>         at

>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)