cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <sergio.carva...@acm.org>
Subject Re: web-designing with xslt
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:53:15 GMT

Nothing in Cocoon ties it to XSLT. Its just that the current user base is mostly
made up of developers, confortable with XSLT, and we use the best tool for the
job (from our point of view).

I'm sure, that as the project gets wider acceptance, and/if designers start asking
for some other presentation transform mechanism, someone will scratch that itch and
write a transformer for them.

Nevertheless, its not clear that XSLTs are not suitable for designers. I guess
the problem now is more of a lack of tools than excessive complexity of XSLT.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:10:10 +0200, Itai Erner <itaie@valis.co.il> wrote:
--
> hi,
> Doesn't Cocoon's heavy dependance on XSL raise a big problem where web
> designers have to deal with xsl?
> how do web-designers cope with XSLT? they can't use existing html editors,
> they must design everything manually (no visual composition) and then use
> an XSLT ide to check the transform.
> do any of you have experience in this process? does it work well?
> thanks,
> itai.

>          Valis - The Cellular Cult
>          wWw.valis.cO.il