cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Marcellini <amarc...@tiscalinet.it>
Subject fp problem: encoding statement in xml pi
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:09:04 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using cocoon 1.8.2 with tomcat and Apache on redhat linux, this is
my problem:
the xml document I've to modify with fp must have this declaration:
<? xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
But when I modify it using fp this pi become:
<? xml version="1.0" ?>
What can I do?

I need the encoding attribute becouse this document is an entity of
another xml document:
but when cocoon parses it with Xerces, throws this exception:

 Error found handling the request.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White space is required between the
version and the encoding declaration.
              at
org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java:105)

              at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1085)