cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "karthikeyan.B" <kart...@scapevelocity.com>
Subject Re:Apache Cocoon 2 RC Release
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:19:55 GMT
Hi All,

We are currently in the process of building a  portal  using cocoon 1.8 for multi -client,
multi -language user base.Is there any specific time frame of when we can expect the final
release of cocoon 2.For tomcat between rc1 and the final release took just 2 -3 weeks so would
cocoon 2 also have the same time frame.I am asking this as we need to decide quickly whether
to use 1.8 or 2 .Apart from the new architecture that is faster and easier in cocoon 2 is
there nay specific advantages in cocoon 2 in the areas of Internationlization and caching.Would
it be possible to migrate to cocoon 2 from cocoon 1.8 .if not directly what would be the effort
involved in the migration.

regards
karthik.