cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>
Subject Re: Configure a oracle db conection in cocoon2
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:15:08 GMT
Hi Alberto:

Here is what you have to do:

1) Add the Oracle class to Cocoon's web.xml in the "<init-param>"
section, thus:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
        ... // Other database classes
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

2) Add the oracle datasource to cocoon.xconf, thus:

   <datasources>
     <jdbc name="your_datasource_name">

       <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
                      // Don't forget this!!!
       <user>your_user_name</user>

       <password>your_password</password>

       <dburl>your_database_url</dburl>
     </jdbc>

    </datasources>

3) Then restart everything and see if it works. You can edit one of the
esql samples to point to your Oracle database for testing.

Hope that helps.

Lajos
www.galatea.com

Alberto Garcia wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I would like to create a connection with an oracle db in cocoon2.
> I've been looking for the way to make it in internet , and I have to
> configure the cocoon.properties file, but I can't find this file in my
> cocoon2 installation.
> Do I have  to create this file? where? who?
>
> Sorry about my English and thank you very much.
>
> "Saludos Cordiales"
> Alberto

> This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of SchlumbergerSema.
> If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.