cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gcas...@sundn.de
Subject Antwort: Cocoon's pooled db connection and/or ESQL logicsheet
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 07:03:01 GMT

You don't need CallableStatements to execute stored procedures.
Callable Statement is just Java's way of supporting return values and
output parameters.
If all the SP gives you is a result set you could use Statement or
PreparedStatement as well.
So just try:

execute SP param1, param2

in you ESQL query

HTH
Guido

                    Alfredas

                    Chmieliauskas          An:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    <alfredas@sseri        Kopie:

                    ga.edu.lv>             Thema:  Cocoon's pooled db connection and/or
ESQL logicsheet

                    28.09.2001

                    20:07

                    Bitte antworten

                    an cocoon-users

Hello,

I have to use pretty complex sql queries, thus I am using mssql stored
procedures (so that the queries are stored precompiled in the sql server
not the  java app/xsp page). ESQL logicsheet does not support calls to
stored procedures (CallableStatements), as I know it.
Is there a way I could use the cocoon's pooled connection (defined in
the properrties) instead of opening a new one "manually"? I know how to
do it with the ESQL, but could anyone tell me a workaround for my own
XSP-defined query.

Any hints, comments, experiences will be appreciated,

Alfredas