cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Re[2]: xml compressing
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:24:35 GMT
Hmm - seems to me that the pages need to be redesigned ...
good webpage design = smaller and faster
w/out throwing more technology at the issue

(you can always allow people to get more/heavier/bigger stuff
if they *choose* to do so...)

YMMV

>>> creator0@mail.ru 05/09/2001 11:13:03 >>>
Hi java guru,

jg> Hi.,
jg>   Correct me if wrong..

jg> 1. The xml/xsl rendering in c2 is done on server side.
jg> Then why do u need to compress the xml/xsp for client
jg> side?

But if i even generate HTML-files, anyway i want/can compress theirs for
decrease traffic. I want to learn this aspect, because it's can be
very useful for me. My pages are too large (many tables, texts,
images - 50-60k)

jg> 2. The xsp/sitemap precompilation process is in
jg> faq..Please try it...

Well, i do this.

jg>  --- Andrew Answer <creator0@mail.ru> wrote: > Hello
jg> cocoon-users,

jg> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please check that your question has not already been
>> answered in the
>> FAQ before posting.
>> <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
>>
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>

jg> =====
jg> Thanks and have great day
jg> srini

jg> Do You Yahoo!?
jg> Send a newsletter, share photos & files, conduct polls, organize chat events. Visit
http://in/ groups.yahoo.com