cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Biggar" <dave.big...@sympatico.ca>
Subject [cocoon 1.8.2 Tomcat] New Site
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 23:16:13 GMT
The pages:

    " http://javalets.com:8080/cocoon/FirstQuery/arboretum.xml"

are the framework for my new and ongoing 'arboretum' project.

I wanted a framework to illustrate an arboretum -- scientific and
common names of the trees, a brief description of the trees, and
lots of photos in different seasons.

I wanted the page to show the information/photo gallery for any
particular 'genus/species/season' so it had to be interactive. For
me, that means frames/javascript.

I wanted to incorporate a database containing  the tree information
(but jpg would not be stored in the database).

I have no idea how many different ways there are to do the above
but I decided on xml, xsl, css, cocoon, esql (with Mysql database),
jdk1.3.1, Tomcat. I use 'xsp logic' to handle passing arguments to xml;
I expect I might make more use of xsp. Evidently browser sniffing
is easy with cocoon and I will incorporate that in the new future.

Comments welcome!

Dave Biggar

http://www.javalets.com/