cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "SANSONE, AARON M [Non-Pharmacia/1000]" <aaron.m.sans...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: [C2] using HTML "nowrap" in a <TD>
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:32:05 GMT
Mark,

The reason you had problems is that the HTML is actually XHMTL which is just
well formed HTML.  The XHTML Documents must conform to all the rules of XML.
So attributes of a tag must have the form tag=""; So in your example to get
a browser to actually use the nowrap tag the way you are expecting it, you
should use the syntax:

nowrap="nowrap"

You can reference the following link for more information about converting
your HTML documents to XHTML.

http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/xhtml_syntax.asp

-Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark S. Kent [mailto:mark.kent@vistyx.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 10:47 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: [C2] using HTML "nowrap" in a <TD>

This is weird.

I just tried putting a "nowrap" param to my <TD> tag in my XSL file like
this:

to prevent the table cell in HTML from wrapping and got this error on the
screen:
  Error creating the resource
    Failed to execute pipeline.

and in the log:
   org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute name "td" must be followed by
the '=' character.

I was able to get "around" this by changing my tag to this:

While obviously not valid HTML, the browser still takes it (IE anyway --
haven't tested with NetScrape)

Comments?
-Mark