cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Painter-Wakefield" <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: [C2] using HTML "nowrap" in a <TD>
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:40:42 GMT

With Cocoon, you write XHTML and not HTML.  The main difference is that
XHTML is well-formed like XML, which is why you write e.g., <br/> instead
of <br> by itself.  Also, all attributes must have a value.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs for more info.  (This document, btw,
suggests that <td nowrap="nowrap"> is the preferred approach.)

If you look at the source in your browser, though, you'll just see <td
nowrap>, because Cocoon formats your XHTML into HTML as a final step.

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org