cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hubert NEOtyk Iwaniuk <hube...@office.ferienwelt.com.pl>
Subject Re: [c2] q: howto use ESQL inside own logicsheets?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:20:08 GMT
Hi David,

> Your previous question was a little unclear, but I'll try my best to help.
>
> Generally the way I handle logicsheets and XSP is as follows:
>
> 1) take an XML file (what you refer to in your message as "my server page" I would say
is not a server page; it's just a regular xml file)

> 2) at compile time (i.e., using Ant and Xalan, not Cocoon) I perform an XSLT against
that XML file using the logicsheet.  The result is the XSP server page. (what you refer to
in your message as "output is" I would say is your server page; this now needs to get executed)

I'm no familiar with Ant, can you tell me how to do it (some build.xml i gues?).
Or how to do it in cocoon, because that is what i was trying to do.
I wanted to achieve this by using logicsheet, which is an xsl:stylesheet, as
documented in c2docs. what i should do, i think, is to
	<map:match patter="my_xsp.xsp">
		<map:generate type="file" src="my_xsl-file-containing-logicsheet-tags.xml"/>
		<map:transform type="xslt" src="my-logicsheet.xsl"/>
		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
	</map:match>
but that is what i thought c2 is doing with logisheet.
if it's not then please let me know.

> 3) at run time (i.e., using Cocoon, in your sitemap), execute the server page (using
 <map:generator name="serverpages" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator").
 This will perform the database calls and make all the esql tag substitutions.

> It is also possible to do step 2 at run time (i.e., using Cocoon), although it's a bit
more complicated.

Is this a bit more complicated the same that i wrote before?

Thanks in advance,
	Hubert.