cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@dti.net>
Subject Re: get the file creation/modification date ???
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:55:49 GMT
I can't speak for everyone else, but as for me I didn't respond because I didn't understand
your question.

You're asking about info on how to find when the file was last modified.  As we all know,
the java.io.File class provides this functionality, via the "lastModified()" method.  So you
can just create a new File object and call that method to find out what you want.

Of course that has nothing to do with Cocoon, which is why I was confused.

So what is it exactly that you're asking?  Is just calling File.lastModified() not sufficient
for what you're doing?  Are you trying to figure out how to do this within an XSP page?  Within
some other Cocoon object?  Are you doing something else completely different?  It was impossible
to tell from your message.

Don't get mad.  More info needed!  This list is usually pretty good about answering questions
when you provide enough details!  :-)

DR

At 05:50 PM 12/3/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Thanx a lot.
>Not even a small hint. Mabe I should ask the developer-mailinglist...
>
>No thanx,
>     Christofer Dutz

about when the file was last modified. "fileObject.getLastModified()". I desperately need
to access this Information. If this isn't possible can anyone give me a hint, where to start
looking in the Cocoon 1.8 source-code in order to patch cocoon to provide me this information
( an additional method getLastModified() in the servlet baseclass ( or something else ))?