cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Namespace problem in cocoon-2.0, IE5,6
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:33:19 GMT
This issue is resolved in 2.0.1

If you observe it again, send in test to reproduce.

Vadim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher Watson [mailto:cwatson@taraserv.demon.co.uk]
> Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 5:51 AM
> To: Cocoon-Users (E-mail)
> Subject: Namespace problem in cocoon-2.0, IE5,6
> 
> Dear 'spinners'
> 
> I'm forwarding the message below, since, as you will read, the fix it
> mentions wasn't incorporated.
> It seems to have helped someone, and may be of use to others.
> 
> I also refer to Marty McClelland [mmcclelland@eduprise.com] 's fix
> in the message with Subject: "RE: Viewing XSP output with IE5.5"
> 
> Generate a PI for the root element something like:
> 
> <xsl:template match="/" >
> <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">type="text/xml"
> </xsl:processing-instruction>
> .
> .
> .
> </xsl:template>
> 
> (which is more of a workaround than a fix)
> 
> I also repeat the question ...
> 
> Is IE5.5 right to say <<The namespace prefix is not allowed to start
with
> the reserved string "xml".>> ?
> 
> Christopher
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Barbara (further details withheld for privacy, hope that's ok)
> Sent: 31 January 2002 21:30
> To: cwatson@taraserv.demon.co.uk
> Subject: Namespace problem in cocoon-2.0
> 
> 
> Christopher
> 
> I had a big problem with namespaces when I moved from cocoon-2.0rc2 to
> cocoon-2.0.
> I found your fix in the archives. I changed source and rebuilt cocoon,
just
> as you did, and it all worked very well.
> 
> Now there is cocoon-2.0.1 available. I tried it to see if your fix was
> included in this version but it does not seem to be there. Do you know
if it
> will be included in the future?
> 
> This is your fix that I am talking about:
> 
> <QUOTE>
> Dear All
> 
> I've fixed my own problem, but only by changing source and rebuilding
> cocoon, namely file
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.java.xsp.xsl
> 
> lines 131 ... changed line 133
> 
> added filtering out of "xmlns:xml" namespace  in addition to the one
> mentioned in the comment, thus -
> 
>         <!-- Declare namespaces that also exist on the parent (i.e.
not
> locally declared),
>              and filter out "xmlns:xmlns" namespace produced by
> Xerces+Saxon -->
>         <xsl:if test="(($ns-prefix != 'xmlns') and ($ns-prefix !=
'xml'))
> and $parent-element/namespace::*[local-name(.) = $ns-prefix and
string(.) =
> $ns-uri]">
>           this.contentHandler.startPrefixMapping(
>             "<xsl:value-of select="$ns-prefix"/>",
>             "<xsl:value-of select="$ns-uri"/>"
>           );
>       </xsl:if>
> 
> ALSO changed line 148 (the endPrefixMapping call) to follow suite !!!
> 
> Now I can once more use that lovely IE5.5 pretty-printing to see what
my
> xsp's are doing ;>
> 
> BUT ...
> 
> Have I just fixed a bug? Or is the bug in IE5.5?
> 
> Any Answers ?
> </QUOTE>
> 
> Regards
> 
> Barbara
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message