cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: bug in i18n transformer
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 07:37:09 GMT
> I checked the SAX API (looking at
> http://www.saxproject.org/?selected=quickstart ) and it explicitly
> says that 'a SAX driver is free to chunk the character data any way it
> wants, so you cannot count on all of the character data content of an
> element arriving in a single characters event'
>
> So I18Transformer::i18nCharacters() should store char data, which
> should be used by I18Transformer::endTextElement()

Thank you for the information. I'll fix it.

> Oh, on a side note: how does XMLResourceBundle reacts when I change
> the bundle file? Or, alternatively, why my translations are *not*
> reloaded when I change the file?

As I know, all the bundles are cached on the first use, so it's not possible
now to change translations on fly. All the dictionary stuff needs
redesigning and Avalon's scratchpad already contains new ideas in that
direction, but I don't know if anybody is now working on it.

You are free to change the implementation as you like or implement your own
dictionary bundle.

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian