cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hartmann" <u...@cocooncenter.de>
Subject Re: How To Mount My WebApp (powered by cocoon)
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:56:44 GMT

Hi Kevin,

>Hello Andreas,  I don't think I communicated what I want to do very
>effectively.
>
>If I set a new Context in tomcat, that just sets up an alias/file mapping
>(no knowlege of my classes, jars, and other resources)...I want to deploy
>multiple application WAR files (without cocoon.war/jars inside) and deploy
>one instance of cocoon(war) to support them all.

Could you explain this a little more in detail?
For instance, I use a news and a forum WebApp that I access from
Cocoon (something like <map:generate src=/news/{1}>) as XML sources.

Or do you want to mount subsitemaps in different directorys?
That's no problem at all, just look at the sitemap documentation.

>Do I need to configure the dependency in web.xml?  Anyone have any
>references they can point me to?  This is common right?

I must confess that I don't know exactly how this should work.
How do you want to use your resources in Cocoon? Not as XML sources?

Greetings,
Andreas