cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon in a multi-user environment
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:35:56 GMT
Phil,

you may also want to check out the authentication components we donated last
week. They are currently in the scratchpad. They allow you to authenticate
users and protect resources (pipelines) dependent on the authentication.

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 3:28 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Cocoon in a multi-user environment

> From: Phil Cowans [mailto:pjc51@hermes.cam.ac.uk]
>
> I have a specific project which I believe would be well suited to
Cocoon,
> however, the project needs to be served from a machine which provides
web
> hosting for a large number of people. It is conceivable that one
Cocoon is
> installed, other users will want to use it too. Hence I would like to
know
> whether there are any security issues involved with using Cocoon in
this
> way. Particularly, is it possible for multiple users to use the same
> Cocoon installation without having to give them access to each other's
> files,

This is already possible...

> databases etc.

... and this is not yet.

Take a look at <map:mount/>, one of possible use cases is to have one
sub sitemap for every user. It could look like:

<map:match pattern="~*/**">
  <map:mount uri-prefix="~{1}" src="/home/{1}/cocoon_pub/"
check-reload="yes"/>
</map:match>

Then every user who have ~/cocoon_pub directory and sitemap.xmap file
under it could have own Cocoon powered site. Every user will inherit
components declared in the parent sitemap, and will have no access to
other user's components/configuration.

Vadim