cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: newbie: how to get a clean application
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:42:55 GMT

http://sourceforge.net/projects/chello

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/jars.html

> other configuration settings are necessary for my application?

All the necessary configuration is created automatically by the Ant
build script. Just remove all the jars from the lib/optional which you
do not want/need, and do "build clean; build -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes
webapp".

> one example: while the documentation says the maybeupload jar is _not_
> required, cocoon throws an exception without it.

Have you build cocoon after removing the jar as described above?

> other example (may be special to my configuration): when packing the
> application with the ant [war] target, javac.jar is identified not to
have a
> valid manifest.mf file. this results in errors during the extraction
of the
> file in jboss.

That's complaint to the Sun, not Cocoon. Add manifest manually to your
java_home/lib/tools.jar.

Vadim