cocoon-users mailing list archives

From TREGAN Fabien <fabien.tre...@airbus.aeromatra.com>
Subject Transformation AFTER serialization.
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:40:24 GMT
Have someone allready coded a serializer that :
1. use another serializer for, hem, serialization
2. call a 'ByteStreamTransformer' that works on the produced stream

Exemple of such a thing would be to add a copyright on every picture in a
photo site (or to write 'DEMO' in red if the user is not paying), to make a
.zip from the .pdf serialization, to cipher the output file, to use 3thrd
party JPG->TIFF convertor instead of writing own SVG->TIFF...

Of course that would look like extending pipe to non-xml data, and I don't
like that much...  Should a ByteStreamTransformer be defined out of C2
webapp (using servlet chaining to get the serializer's result) ? Maybe, but
that would mean to have another .xmap that define non-xml pipes...

BTW if someone have a working sample of such a thing, let me know :)

fabien.