cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andre Cusson" ...@hyperbase.com>
Subject RE: [OT] uneven tags inside XSLT conditionals
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:38:39 GMT
xslt is functional programing, much like LISP, LOGO, SCHEME but this time,
parenthesis have been replaced with opening and closing tags... its
different, the base for AI, very formal and declarative but very powerful
for high level development, sometime a little ackward for simple things,
though always clean and formal.
ac

-----Message d'origine-----
De : tvon@etria.org [mailto:tvon@etria.org]
Envoyé : 31 mars, 2002 22:12
À : cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Objet : Re: [OT] uneven tags inside XSLT conditionals

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002, Andre Cusson wrote:
> Vadim is right, you need to write 2 at a time and that is what the 2 loops
> do.
> ac

Yeah, I'm working on it.  I'm mostly limited by my lack of knowledge about
XSLT, but I'm getting there...

> PS: xslt is sometime complex for simple processes and simple for complex
> ones ...

In alot of ways it seems like XSLT is a little more 'pure' in it's logic
than your typical C based/influenced language.  I may be talking out of my
rear end, but I get the impression that for XSLT there is a somewhat clear
(when you find it) "right way" where as for most languages there are
numerous solutions of varying "logical elegance".

-Tom