cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Zack Angelo" <z...@nostromocorp.com>
Subject RE: have serialized xml use doctype?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 18:41:09 GMT
This is the doctype that I'm trying to reproduce in my serialized
content. I've tried different combinations of system and public doctypes
in the xsl:output tag and I can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps you can
suggest the correct syntax?

<!DOCTYPE vxml PUBLIC '-//Nuance/DTD VoiceXML 1.0//EN'
'http://voicexml.nuance.com/dtd/nuancevoicexml-1-2.dtd'>

-Zack

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@yahoo.de]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 1:32 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: have serialized xml use doctype?

Zack Angelo wrote:
> Thanks for the link.  Xalan/C2 doesn't seem to like <xsl:output
> doctype-public="..."> too much. However, the page you posted let me to
> another solution that works as well:
>
> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
> <![CDATA[

You should *not* do this, and please refrain from calling
it a solution. Do *not* use disable-output-escaping
unless you have a deep knowledge of the XML standard family
and you *really* know what you are doing.

I had no trouble using doctype-public with various versions
of Xalan. You know that you have to specify doctype-system
too if you are using doctype-public, otherwise you would
be generating invalid XML.

J.Pietschmann