cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: xinclude of xsp-file inside xsp-file?
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 13:40:26 GMT
> From: Volker Schneider [mailto:volker.schneider@danet.de]
>
> Hi Vadim,
>
> thank you for your reply.
>
> I want to include the results of several xsp-Pages (xml) into another
> xsp-page which then can be compiled again and results xml.

So, you want to include something into XSP *before* compilation. Ok.

> I think about several ServerPagesGenerators which produces xml (not
files)
> which can be included into an xsp-File in order to result the final
xml.

No problem. Based on the sub-sitemap sample (see xsp-dynamic):

   <map:match pattern="xsp-part/*">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="parts/*.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="xsp-main">
    <map:generate src="main.xsp"/>
    <!-- main.xsp should contain <include src="cocoon:/xsp-part/..."/>
tags -->
    <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="result">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="cocoon:/xsp-main"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

> It's the xinclude mechanism but it includes no static xml files but
dynamic
> xsp-generated xml's.

Include mechanism can include any sources, either static or dynamic.

> Because of performance I want to avoid writing
> intermediate xml files.

The major performance hit you will get is compilation step. Caching is
highly recommended.

Vadim