cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: xinclude of xsp-file inside xsp-file?
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 13:51:06 GMT
> From: Jerzy Kut [mailto:jerzyk@rzeszow.tiger.com.pl]
>
> I agree with Volker. I think it will be good facilitation when the
> serverpages can be aggregating directly (not called by HTTP URL like
> "http://my.domain/cocoon/my.service/doc.xml", but as

Never use http as long as resource resides in the same Cocoon instance.
That's just not effective.

> <map:part src="doc.xsp" type="serverpages"/> like generators).

Define internal pipeline serving XSPs, and use it in your map:parts.
<map:part/> is really not a generator, but just specifies where to get
the source of the part. And you can point to any pipeline, containing
XSP, and/or aggregation(s), multiple transformations, etc.

> And maybe it will be good to define XSP as Transformer...

It doesn't worth the effort. If you think otherwise - you can implement
it :)

> I know - we have logicsheets,
> but it is quite hard to pass dynamic parameters between them.

Do you really think so? All templates are written long time ago, just
reuse them.

Combining this and previous sentence, I guess you want to create XSP
source dynamically, generating XSP source code depending on input
parameters. If it is so, I think you fail to anticipate the fact that
this will require recompilation of the page every time you specify
different input parameters. However with logicsheets, you are able to
achieve same results with just one compiled version of the XSP page.

Vadim

> I think it
> would be good when we could setup a few serverpages as transformers.
What do
> You mean Vadim?
> Best regards
> Jerzy Kut

XSP
> > pages into XML generated by other XSP page, or to create XSP page
source
> > by combining result of execution of other XSP pages, or to create
XSP