cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Ng" <stephen...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Dynamic sql in xsp
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 20:10:54 GMT
> Maybe the SQL-Transformer can help you.
>
> Reinhard

No doubt I should move to this eventually (I was just getting to like
esql!)--as I understand it this would clearly eliminate the java
compilation step since there is no xsp involved.  Nevertheless I think
short term I should be able to get a nice speed-up by peeling the sql
off the cocoon parameter.

I see people on the mailing list doing stuff like this:

     <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="FileWithCIncludedXspRightNow.xsp">
       <map:parameter name="GeneratedSQL"
value="cocoon:/generatedSQL.sql"/>
     </map:generate>

And expecting, I think, to have cocoon:/generatedSql.sql replaced by the
pipeline results.  But I only get the literal
"cocoon:/generatedSQL.sql".

This should work, shouldn't it?

Steve