cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Artur Bialecki" <ar...@digitalfairway.com>
Subject RE: Question: what is {session-id} ? in a sitemap.xmap ?
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 22:23:45 GMT

>From what I know, basically {name} is a representation of
a sitemap parameter which are used by sitemap components.
For example, if your pipeline wants to call another (resource)
pipeline you with a target parameter you would do it this way
<map:call resource="simple-page">
 <map:parameter name="target" value="some/path/to/something"/>
</map:call>

now in your "simple-page" pipline you can access that target
paramter with {target} so you can have:
  <map:resource name="simple-page">
     <map:generate type="file" src="{target}.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple-page2html.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="view-source" value="{target}.xml"/>
     </map:transform>
     <map:serialize/>
  </map:resource>

Also, if you implement actions the return of the act() method
is a map that will be added to the session paramters.
In your action of you do
sitemapParam.put("session-id", getSessionID()); then
in your pipeline you can do
<map:match pattern="something">
  <map:act type="my-action">
   <map:generate src="something/{session-id}"/>
 </map:act>
</map:match>

Hope this helps.

Artur...