cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Trindade" <Ricardo.Trind...@myrealbox.com>
Subject RE: decoding base64 tiff files embedded in XML
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:50:16 GMT
there is a transformer that removes some nodes from XML and changes them
with links. I think you could use this aproach.

For the actual transformation I imagine you can use some library that does
that without a lot of effort... sun used to have a java imaging package...

You could code a sitemap element (perhaps a reader) to call shell commands,
but you would loose all portability and gain dependencies on external
stuff(perl,etc..)

-----Original Message-----
From: John Moylan [mailto:john@nua-tech.com]
Sent: quinta-feira, 13 de Junho de 2002 15:09
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: decoding base64 tiff files embedded in XML

Hi,

I'm new to this list and to Cocoon2, however I need to develop an
application which transforms NewsML feeds into regular HTML for browsing.
Easy you say, right? Anyway the part I'm am having difficulty with is in
converting base64 embedded tiff images into png on the fly.
	I don't know much about Java. I have a one liner in Perl which decodes the
tiff from the shell prompt:

	perl -MMIME::Base64 -ne 'print decode_base64($_)' </home/john/tiff.64
>j.tiff

	and an one liner which uses imagemagick's convert from the shell:

	convert j.tiff j.png

Can I somehow use turn one or both, of these one liners into sitemap
generators (is that the right term.) or is their any easier/better way. I
can preprocess my XML files from the command line, but that does not seem
like a very elegant/manageable solution.