cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julia Leon <jl...@emory.edu>
Subject how to create a new version of org.apache.cocoon.www.projPlan.sitemap_xmap?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:30:19 GMT
I'm having  a problem with a sitemap configuration. The error I'm receiving is:

The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException
says:

Error in sitemap configuration : Syntax error: Missing operand to closure

More precisely:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap configuration
: Syntax error: Missing operand to closure

I'm running tomcat 4.01, cocoon 2.02.

The sitemap.log says:
DEBUG   (2002-06-05) 12:05.55:333   [sitemap.matcher.regexp](/cocoon/projPlan/hello.html)
HttpProcessor[8180][4]/AbstractRegexpMatcher: Failed to compile the pattern '*\.html'
org.apache.regexp.RESyntaxException: Syntax error: Missing operand to closure
        at org.apache.regexp.RECompiler.syntaxError(RECompiler.java:253)
        at org.apache.regexp.RECompiler.terminal(RECompiler.java:884)
        at org.apache.regexp.RECompiler.closure(RECompiler.java:942)
        at org.apache.regexp.RECompiler.branch(RECompiler.java:1151)
        at org.apache.regexp.RECompiler.expr(RECompiler.java:1203)
        at org.apache.regexp.RECompiler.compile(RECompiler.java:1281)
        at org.apache.cocoon.matching.AbstractRegexpMatcher.preparePattern(AbstractRegexpMatcher.java:100)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.projPlan.sitemap_xmap.preparePattern(sitemap_xmap.java:211)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.projPlan.sitemap_xmap.prepareMatchers(sitemap_xmap.java:232)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.projPlan.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:150)
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:172)
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:84)

..and so on.

Now, it is true that I once had a regexp type match in the sitemap, but that was a long time
ago now. I notice that no matter what changes I make to the sitemap, the lines of the error
in sitemap_xmap.java don't change (lines 211 and 232). So I believe I'm not getting a refreshed
copy of the class file. I've tried removing everythink in tomcat/work but that didn't help.
The java file there reflects the current copy of the sitemap, but there is no class file.

The sitemap file I'm changing is the one being used, as I judge from this message in the access.log:

DEBUG   (2002-06-05) 12:05.55:324   [access](/cocoon/projPlan/hello.html) HttpProcessor[8180][4]/AbstractEnvironment:
Resolved to 'file:/var/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/projPlan/sitemap.xmap')

So my question is, how can I force cocoon to create a new version of org.apache.cocoon.www.projPlan.sitemap_xmap?