cocoon-users mailing list archives

From John Moylan <j...@nua-tech.com>
Subject decoding base64 tiff files embedded in XML
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:09:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to this list and to Cocoon2, however I need to develop an application which transforms
NewsML feeds into regular HTML for browsing. Easy you say, right? Anyway the part I'm am having
difficulty with is in converting base64 embedded tiff images into png on the fly.
	I don't know much about Java. I have a one liner in Perl which decodes the tiff from the
shell prompt:

	perl -MMIME::Base64 -ne 'print decode_base64($_)' </home/john/tiff.64 >j.tiff

	and an one liner which uses imagemagick's convert from the shell:

	convert j.tiff j.png

Can I somehow use turn one or both, of these one liners into sitemap generators (is that the
right term.) or is their any easier/better way. I can preprocess my XML files from the command
line, but that does not seem like a very elegant/manageable solution.