cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "J.Pietschmann" <>
Subject Re: Saxon error
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:50:58 GMT
Omar Alos wrote:
> I have eliminated Xalan jar from tomcat and cocoon. I have put the three 
> Saxon jar in web-inf/lib.
> Everytime I restart the Tomcat, it work ok just for the first time. The 
> next ones I tried I get the next error:
> Original exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
> at 
> org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.resolve(
> The error is in the last line of the sequent code (XSLTProcessorImpl). I 
> believe the resolver is null.

The resolver is indeed null. It is set to null upon recycling the
pipeline after the first, successful request, and not reinitialised.
This came up already several times on this lisst, without conclusion
so far.
I suspect Saxon produces unexpected code for
Xalan is a bit sloppy sometimes when it comes to variable scopes,
perhaps there is a bug in sitemap.xsl. There is also the possibility
of a Saxon bug. I'll try to compare the sitemap javas generated by
Saxon and Xalan tomorrow.


Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message