cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Faulkner, Perry" <Perry.Faulk...@det.nsw.edu.au>
Subject RE: Version Hell
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:49:17 GMT
Hi Daniel,

javac.jar is a copy of tools.jar from the JDK, renamed and included,
normally, in the cocoon.war file by the build procedure for source distro or
included as standard with the binary distro. I don't know why it's missing
in your configuration, but copy/rename and put into classpath may solve your
problem!

It would explain some of your other problems, as it would need the java
compiler from it, to rebuild your sitemap after any changes had been
detected.

Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: daniel robinson [mailto:drob@dnai.com]
Sent: Friday, 14 June 2002 8:25
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Version Hell

I thought it might have to do with the reload method, but it didn't seem
reasonable that it would pop an error until the sitemap was re-built.  So
that fixes that problem.

Anybody with ideas for:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No compiler found in your classpath. Make sure
you added 'tools.jar'
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Javac.(Javac.java:91)

?????

Thanks

Darrell Cumming wrote:

Have a look at your $COCOON_DIR/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

Under the sitemap section. :)

It explains something like this;

    The reload-method specifies the method for the regeneration:
    asynchron: If the sitemap changes, the sitemap is regenerated at the
               next request in the background and the incoming request is
               served with the old sitemap. All subsequent requests are
               served with the old sitemap until the regeneration in the
               background has finished.
    synchron: If the sitemap changes, the sitemap is regenerated at the
              next request. When the regeneration is finished, the request
              (and all subsequent ones) is served with the new sitemap.

So set the reload-method to syncron and your problem will go away.

FYI: I searched the archives and found this response from Vadim Gritsenko

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102379851819365&w=2>
&m=102379851819365&w=2

He states that the _DEFAULT_ asynchron reload-method is broken and will be
removed from > 2.03.

Good luck.

Darrell