cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Howto Debian 3.0/Cocoon2 setup?
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 04:49:03 GMT
Jan,

Now has anybody got this Cocoon2 thing up and running on Debian3.0/woody
with any version of Tomcat? If so, I'd really like to know what I should
do to get the same results...if not, I'm gonna try it on WinXP...
Somehow I got the feeling XP isn't going to get me into more trouble
than Debian, but it would be a big disappointment now that I have all my
other server apps running on a Debian machine. And I'm sure it must be
possible...but HOW?
<<<<

You already have 1.3.1, and it will be *really* simple to install Cocoon
if you:

1. Get Tomcat from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/bin/
And unzip it in any convenient dir.

2. Get cocoon.war, this way (binary dist) or another (source dist).
Source dist gives you more flexibility (see
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html)

3. Drop cocoon.war into tomcat/webapps, restart tomcat. If does not
unpack, unzip it manually, remove .war, restart tomcat.

Vadim