cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: SOAP xsp taglib with Axis ?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:31:23 GMT
Hi Steven,

	Thanks for your response mate, much appreciated.

	I'm using Cocoon CVS head, jdk 1.3.1 under Debian with Axis from
	CVS a few days ago.

	Unfortunately I still get no response from the Axis server when
	making a request using the soap xsp tag lib. The request just hangs
	and after a while times out. My soap message is identical to yours
	(the second one) but with a different service.

	The same request using the Axis client utils works fine.

	Hmm... strange. I'll try 2.0.3 and see if it works there.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:14:43PM -0400, Steven Cummings wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> I have gotten it to work. I'm using Cocoon 2.0.3, Axis b3, and Tomcat 4.0.4 on Sun JDK
1.4.0_01 on Redhat 7.2. After some investigation into the sources for the soap logicsheet
I discovered that you can provided just the method call and it will be encapsulated in a correct
SOAP envelope. If you want to include headers, you have to construct a "pseudo" envelope with
elements "soap:header" and "soap:body". Note that these elements are lower case, whereas in
the SOAP spec they are "Header" and "Body". This is just how the SOAP logicsheet happens to
be written though. Heres an example of a soap call I'm running from cocoon:

>             <soap:call url="http://myhost:8080/lims/services/urn:XMLDataService">
>               <soap:header>
>                 <username><xsp:expr>username</xsp:expr></username>
>                 <password><xsp:expr>password</xsp:expr></password>
>               </soap:header>
>               <soap:body>
>                 <ns1:authenticate xmlns:ns1="urn:XMLDataService">
>                   <soap:enc/>
>                 </ns1:authenticate>
>               </soap:body>
>             </soap:call>
>
> Without headers it could simply be:
>
>             <soap:call url="http://myhost:8080/lims/services/urn:XMLDataService">
>                 <ns1:authenticate xmlns:ns1="urn:XMLDataService">
>                   <soap:enc/>
>                   <!-- perhaps username/password are now arguments here... -->
>                 </ns1:authenticate>
>             </soap:call>
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> /S
>
> Marcus Crafter <crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >    Hope all is well.
> >
> >    Was just wondering if anyone has had success using the soap taglib
> >    that comes with Cocoon CVS, with Axis CVS ?
> >
> >    For some reason I can't seem to get any response from my
> >    AxisServlet when using this taglib. Some debugging seems to show that
> >    Axis can't quite understand the message the taglib sends it.
> >
> >    There are some differenecs in the headers between what the soap taglib
> >    generates, and what Axis' client utilities generate (axis client utils
> >    set the content length and the 'Host' header includes the port
> >    number if its not 80), but the soap-envelopes are the same.
> >
> >    Just thought I make a quick sanity check to see if it's just my
> >    environment ?
> >
> >    Cheers,
> >
> >    Marcus
> >
> >--
> >     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
> >    ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
> >    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
> >     $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
> >     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
> >       '     /( &&&
> >           \_&&&&'
> >          &&&&.
> >    &&&&&&&:

> Steven Cummings
> Columbia, MO
> Email: cummingscs@netscape.net
> AIM:   cummingscs
> ICQ:   3330114

> Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience
>
> Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com/

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: