cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Re: Initialization and background threads
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 00:16:13 GMT
On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 04:35 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> From: Justin Fagnani-Bell [mailto:justin@paraliansoftware.com]
>>
>>    The web app I'm developing with Cocoon needs to initialize a few
>> things at startup and perform some tasks in the background like
>> database
>> cleanup, checking for mail, automating site updates. Is there a good
>> way
>> to integrate this with Cocoon?
>
> It's not first time this question was asked, and here is the usual
> answer: follow implementation of HSQLDB built-in server in
> hsqldb/Server.java and in hsqldb/ServerImpl.java. See how it is declared
> in cocoon.roles and cocoon.xconf.
>
> Vadim

Thanks Vadim, your help is much appreciated.

There is there a way to do this without modifying cocoon.roles, right? I
don't want to have to rebuild the cocoon jar file if I change my roles.
I know there's the user.roles file, but right now I can't find the docs
on it, or the example. I know I've seen it somewhere... I think I've
also seen the role specified directly in cocoon.xconf.

Justin