cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Cedric Claus <cedric.cl...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: Problem with SQL Transformer[Sol]
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:41:42 GMT
Martin Holz wrote:

>Cedric Claus <cedric.claus@u-mangate.com> writes:
>

>>This pipeline doesn't work : After SQL transformation the sort and
>>replace.xsl does wrong. But if I copy the xml result of the SQL
>>transform and then apply the same xsl , no problem!!!! (with xalan and
>>MSXML)
>>

>>My configuration : cocoon 2.0  - tomcat 4.0.5 - JDK 1.4.03 et xalan 2.3.1
>>
>>What 's wrong??? Is it in configuration??
>>

>Your configuration looks okay.
>
>If something goes wrong in pipeline, but works when copying
>the intermediate result, this is almost always a namespace
>problem. Namespace handling in SAX is sometimes strange
>(its even stranger in DOM).
>The information in the "namespace" argument and
>the localname argument of the method org.sax.ContentHandler.startElement
>should be redundant to the qname argument and calls to ContentHandler.startPrefixMapping.
>But if there is a bug somewhere in the pipeline, this might not be the case. The bug
>might be undetected for a long time, because many components including the Serializer
>use only a part of the information. The XMLSerialzer has the tendency to silently
>correct a mismatch between the qname and the namespace.
>
>Carsten Ziegler fixed a bug in namespace handling of SQLTransformer at 2002/11/14
>cocoon 2.0 is older. Maybe you should try a  newer version of cocoon.
>

>Martin

It was really a problem with the namespace, I had changed my XSL depends
on the Namespace and it does well!!!!

Thanks vm for your help

this is the modified file :

<xsl:for-each select="text">
                    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                    <xsl:if test="following-sibling::sql:rowset">
                        <xsl:apply-templates
select="following::sql:rowset/sql:row/sql:data"/>
                    </xsl:if>