cocoon-users mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject how can i get static files REALLY been processed by apache ???
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:14:22 GMT
Hy;

When i setup apache/tomcat/cocoon, i run into following
fancy problem. Although what i want seems trivial, but i did not
manage to get it done (I might not know the magic command to get round it)

Here is the problem:

1.) I want all static files been served by apache, i.e.:

     *.gif, *.html, *.jpg

2.) I want *ALL* other files be served by cocoon.

Now how should i setup mod_jk.conf ????

this doesn't help:

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
   JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
   JkLogFile     /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
   JkLogLevel error
   JkMount /cocoon   cocoon
   JkMount /cocoon/  cocoon
   JkMount /cocon/*  cocoon
</IfModule>

because it redirects everything to cocoon. But apache shall
serve the files mentioned above ...

This is not complete (Indeed it can never be complete):
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
   JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
   JkLogFile     /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
   JkLogLevel error
   JkMount /cocoon/*.xml   cocoon
   JkMount /cocoon/*.jsp   cocoon
   JkMount /cocon/*.foo    cocoon
</IfModule>

The list could potentially go down endlessly.
There MUST be an obvious solution to this!

Anyone can help me here ?

regards, Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous