cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Firebird with Cocoon
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:05:30 GMT
Dear Brian,

> It may be a problem with your connection string. This is working for
> me: jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/3050:/home/firebird/mydatabase.gdb Can
> you connect with the driver using JDBC outside of Cocoon? Brian

This is my first foray into JDBC. I have just tried the JDBC sample (ExecuteSQL)
from Java Examples in a Nutshell, which wouldn't connect. By killing the server
and restarting it, I managed to get that to connect.

However, having done this, it has made no difference to Cocoon, which still gives:

Failed to obtain connection. Made 5 attempts with 5000ms interval

Here's my code from web.xml and cocoon.xconf and the sitemap:

web.xml:
     <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver</param-value>
    </init-param>

cocoon.xconf:
    <jdbc logger="core.datasources.FGETimetables" name="FGETimetables">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost/c:\\desktop\\DATABASE.GDB</dburl>
      <user>XXX</user>
      <password>YYY</password>
    </jdbc>

sitemap.xmap:
      <map:match pattern="sql">
        <map:generate src="xml/sql.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="sql">
          <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="FGETimetables"/>
       </map:transform>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>

Any further hints would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Upayavira