cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Training others on Cocoon - suggestions?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:43:39 GMT
>  I am planning on
> covering XSLT in the first part, as their skills are
> weak in this field and I believe this is a key topic
> for effective use of Cocoon.

I don't know your public, but what I've found when mentoring or
teaching people to use Cocoon is that they are often overwhelmed by the
many different technologies and skills involved.

IMHO you can do a lot with some XSLT, some sitemap config, some log
exploration skills, etc. without having to go deep in any of these at
first.

What my students/colleagues found distracting was using all the
different components involved without understanding any of them in
detail (at first).

OTOH I think it's a good idea to start with some XSLT, which can be
disturbing enough for people to warrant being treated separately from
Cocoon.

Hope this helps,
Bertrand