cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Accessing named session attributes in XSP?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:32:59 GMT
I know I am missing something *very* obvious, but
I have "end of day" stare here, and cannot figure what
mistake I am making.

I am using the Database Authenticator to process a
login - the user ID is stored in a session attribute called
"userrname"  The auth.xml used looks like:

<auth-descriptor>
  <connection>myDB</connection>
    <select dbcol="UserName" request-param="username"
to-session="username"/>
    <select dbcol="UserPassword" request-param="userpass" />
</auth-descriptor>

This process seems to be working, as I can now get
access to the protected part of the pipeline: ie.

<map:match type="sessionstate" pattern="*">
   <map:parameter name="attribute-name" value="username"/>
<!-- all this is accessible after login -->
</map:match>

However, when I try and use the username attribute in
an XSP file, I just get a "null" returned - here's the snippet
from the file:

<xsp:page
  language="java"
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
  xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"

<!-- Page-level logic -->
<page>

  <xsp:logic>
    //session
    String sUserName = <xsp-session:get-attribute name="username"
as="string"/>;
  </xsp:logic>

  <element><xsp:expr>sUserName</xsp:expr></element>

</page>

The <element> now contains "null" (wihtout the ")

Any idea how to get the username out into the XSP??

Thanks
Derek

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."