cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation strange evolution ...
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:34:57 GMT
Hussayn

>From the Cocoon docs site:
 http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html

<map:match pattern="faq/*">
   <map:mount uri-prefix="faq"
             check-reload="no"
             src="faq/sitemap.xmap"/>
</map:match>

The src attribute is where the sub-sitemap is located.
If it ends in a slash "sitemap.xmap" is appended to find the sitemap,
otherwise the src value is used. A check-reload attribute can be used
to determine if the modification date of the sub-sitemap file should be
checked.
The uri-prefix is the part that should be removed from the request URI.

The engine will correctly check for a trailing slash (which you may
write,
of course). If in the example above "faq/cocoon" is requested, "faq/"
is removed from the URI and "cocoon" is passed to the sub-sitemap
which is loaded from "faq/sitemap.xmap".

So - the Cocoon docs writer seems to be saying that src DOES NOT NEED
a leading '/'  (of course, I am not sure if one is permissible??)

I think we need clarity from one of the "gurus".... and for both sites
be updated with this detailed clarification !

Derek

>>> dabbous@saxess.com 20/02/2003 01:59:54 >>>
Hy;

I noticed a slight modification in

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BeginnerSimpleWebappOrganisation

which from my understanding has introduced two severe errors!
As i don't exactly know, why these changes have been made,
i want to ask if i missunderstood something. Here is, what i
find suspect:

1.) Advanced Issue: separating your work folder from cocoon
     <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="work/**">
         <map:mount check-reload="yes"
                    reload-method="synchron"
                    src="work/sitemap.xmap"
                    uri-prefix="work"/>
      </map:match>
     </map:pipeline>

     This snippet i found in the doc. In my eyes this does NOT
     what is explained in the doc. From my understanding the
     source must be declared as absolute path as follows:

                    src="/work/sitemap.xmap"

     Why has the leading slash been deleted in the doc?

2.) Advanced issue: Setting up a generic mount point outside of Cocoon
     I found a similar modification:

                    src="work/{1}/sitemap.xmap"

     Shouldn't it be:

                    src="/work/{1}/sitemap.xmap"

I post this email only, because i don't understand, why these mods have

been made. From the history i can see, these mods have been made by
two
different persons... hmm...

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."